Serap Kurbanoǧlu | Hacettepe University Ankara, Turkey
This video is part of the session »Information literacy for a functioning democracy in the post-truth era« in the conference on »Information Literacy and Democracy« 19th and 20thJune 2020.
The live session takes places on June 20th at 01.15 p.m. Central European Summer Time (CEST). If you want to join the live session, please send us an e-mail to infodem (at) uni-hildesheim.de.
You are cordially invited to discuss here. In this way, it is possible to provide feedback and pose statements and questions even before the live event.
Possible areas for discussion can be:
- What is your opinion about the topic?
- What risks do you see in terms of emotions and opinion-forming?
- What do you think why being information literate is important in a post-truth era?
- How does the post-truth era influence democracy?
- Do you feel like living in a post-truth era where emotions are playing a higher role than objective facts? Are there any examples?
- What are your questions, and what other aspects are important to you?