The second conference on »Information Literacy and Democracy« will be held online on 19th and 20th June 2020.
Everyone is invited to submit a poster. This poster should focus on the topic of information literacy and democracy. Some potential topics are:
- Information literacy in everyday life (parenthood, health, politics, e-commerce and finances, data protection, evaluation of information)
- The (online) teaching of information literacy
- Information literacy in specific life phases (childhood, education, job, retirement)
- Information literacy and critical thinking
- Information literacy and its limits
- Information literacy, and information services (libraries, Google, web search, social media, news)
- The future of information literacy
The posters should present these topics from the authors’ perspective.
The posters can be more graphic-visual (see the sketchesnotes for the first conference) or more text-oriented. In addition to the poster, please send a text summary (300-600 words) and a short introduction of the authors (1-2 DIN A4 pages).
Accepted posters and the corresponding text summary will be published on this Website. There will also be a short poster presentation during the conference.
The submission deadline for the posters is 1st June 2020.
Please send your submission via email (infodem [at] uni-hildesheim.de). Please note that posters submitted after the official submission date cannot be considered.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.