Privacy is an important area in the wider field of information literacy.
The content provided in this section is generated in the context of a joint learning-scenario in which students from the University of Hildesheim and the Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce in Pune collaboratively create knowledge and provide this knowledge to a wider audience with the help of this website.
In this section, you can find
Privay: papers and use cases
- Elmaghraby, A. (2014). Cyber security challenges in Smart Cities: Safety, security & privacy. Journal of Advanced Research, Volume 5, Issue 4, 491-497.
- Liang, F., Das, V., Kostyuk, N. & Hussain, M. M. (2018). Constructing a Data-Driven Society: China’s Social Credit System as a State Surveillance Infrastructure. Policy & Internet, Volume 10, No. 4, 415-453. URL: https://doi.org/10.1002/poi3.183.
- Citron, R. (2019, August 13). Advanced traffic management is the next big thing for smart cities. URL: https://www.greenbiz.com/article/advanced-traffic-management-next-big-thing-smart-cities.
- Smart City Hub (2017, April 20). Smart traffic control: the Pittsburgh example. URL: https://smartcityhub.com/mobility/smart-traffic-control/.
- Braun, T., Fung, B. C., Iqbal, F., & Shah, B. (2018). Security and privacy challenges in smart cities. Sustainable cities and society, 39, 499-507. URL: http://dmas.lab.mcgill.ca/fung/pub/BFIS18scs_postprint.pdf
- Shokri, R., Strobel, M., & Zick, Y. (2019). Privacy Risks of Explaining Machine Learning Models. arXiv preprint arXiv:1907.00164. URL: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1907.00164.pdf
- Haumann, M. (2015). Social Media & Privacy: A Facebook Case Study. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/294836170_Social_Media_Privacy_A_Facebook_Case_Study
- Doffman, Z. (2019, April 18). 1.5m Users Hit By New Facebook Privacy Breach As Extent Of Data Misuse Exposed. Forbes. URL: https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2019/04/18/facebook-illegally-harvested-data-from-1-5m-users-as-it-leveraged-its-data-machine/#6213f02e6a2e
- Convery-Pelletier, A. (2018). The Delta Airlines Security Breach: A Case Study in How to Respond to a Data Breach. URL: https://blog.radware.com/security/2018/10/the-delta-airlines-security-breach-a-case-study-in-how-to-respond-to-a-data-breach/
- Soylu, M. & Öztoprak, B. (2019, January 2). A Case Study In Data Breaches – Uber’s Data Security Breach Fines Reach USD 150 Million. Mondaq, Bezen & Partners. URL: http://www.mondaq.com/turkey/x/768680/data+protection/A+Case+Study+In+Data+Breaches+Ubers+Data+Security+Breach+Fines+Reach+Usd+150+Million
Garg, Y., & Kaur, A. (2017). A Case study on Steganography and its Attacks. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology, 47(8), 453-457. URL https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/5b11/642e203d5fefe172a9a5746c84eda53415c3.pdf